Welcome to my own little spot of blog space. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will check back often to see what kind of craftiness I have going on in the world of scrapbooking, card making and general crafting.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby Boy Card -- Blue Baby Blue!!

Well, I found yet another challenge site! YIPPEEE!  

Shopping Our Stash or "SOS" is a weekly challenge blog which evolved from a personal desire to focus on using the supplies the site creator had on hand or shopping her stash instead of always thinking she had to have something new! She stared taking inventory of all of her stamps and supplies and quickly realized she would feel better if she actually started using more of her supplies that have remained untouched!   She created the blog and challenges in hope that you will join in the spirit of the blog and shop your stash first when crafting! There will be some "side-challenges" that focus on organizing, storing, and becoming aware of what we have on hand! 

After reading around the site, I was inspired to SOS (shop my stash), reduce my scraps pile (BOY---do I NEED to do this, my scraps pile is out of control!!) and have hand-made cards and embellishments on hand when needed. 

 My OUT of CONTROL Scraps Pile!!!

This weeks challenge was to shop your stash for items that are BLUE.  You can have other colors, but make sure the focus is the color BLUE.  I created a baby boy card.  

A friend of mine is pregnant and she does not know the sex of the baby yet so I'm taking a chance on BABY BOY BLUE!!!  :o)




Recipe: 
Cricut Cartridge: Wrap it Up 
<Onesie> card feature -- sized fit to page (8 1/2 x 11)
I also cut 2 circles at 6" for the inside of card.
Cardstock: The Paper Company Seaside collection and 
I think the onesie is DCWV, but I am not sure 
-- that piece was in my scraps pile. 
Stickles: Waterfall
Misc: Glitter stickers, baby blue ribbon

Inspired by and created for the following challenges: 


 
CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!!! CAUTION!!!!
Challenges are addictive! 

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. ha ha Hattie yes entering challenges is addictive but thanks so much for joining mine :) your card is supper sweet. I hope she does have a boy so you get a chance to use this! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Karen. Happy to join your challenges! Looking forward to the next one.

      Delete
  2. This card is adorable!! Did you use the Wrap It Up cartridge to make the scalloped circle card? I love it!! Might need to add that to my collection!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Casey. Yes, the card was made using the Wrap It Up cartridge, it is a scalloped circle with a onesie cut out. If you use DS, Craft Room, or have a Gypsy you could hide the onesie contour for a solid card.

      Delete
  3. That looks like my scrap pile! LOL. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Heather. I have a feeling a lot of scrap piles look like ours. :o)

      Delete
  4. cute baby boy card - love the sparkly elements!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, very cute! I love a great scraps card. Very cool how you used the gems to accent the circle paper :)

    Thanks for linking up at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hattie that is adoreable!!
    Thanks for visiting.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable. I have several babies that are going to be born in my near future. You always inspire your sister. Hugs to you Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop and comment! I love reading each and every comment!