Welcome to my own little spot of blog space. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will check back often to see what kind of craftiness I have going on in the world of scrapbooking, card making and general crafting.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day celebrating all MOM's!  
And YES..........."fur-babies" count!

For the last couple of years I have been trying to incorporate my passion of  "craftiness" into the gifts that I give.  This Mother's Day in no exception and this one is SPECIAL!  




Grandma's Dress
The mauve flowers (and 3 of the pearls) are made from my 
grandmother's dress that she is wearing in the photo.  



   

 The lace was "aged" using Antique Linen Distress Ink.
 

I hand rolled these flowers. 

 
 Here's a close-up of one of the yo-yo flowers with a pearl from the dress.
My dear friend, Casey, made the yo-yo flowers (thanks Casey)!
Lisa gave me he pink/mauve ribbon that matched perfectly (thanks Lisa)!


The flowers on top were a happy accident due to "an opportunity to embellish"....
 in other words, the paper tore. (Kinda like my heart strings putting this one together.)  


I've had this layout in my head for a while and it is 
genuinely a creation from the heart!  

Mom 

I hope you love it! 

Happy Mother's Day! 

Recipe:
One very special dress
Old embroidery hoop
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Paper Pack (Hobby Lobby)

Prima Say it in Crystals border embellishment
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Tim Holtz "Memory" Key embellishment
Rhinestone framed pearl (Hobby Lobby)
Misc - Ribbon, lace, pearls, brads





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop and comment! I love reading each and every comment!